I am a winer and occasionally a whiner. In this blog I will write about all my wining experiences (and occasionally whine about the wine horror stories, yes they do exist!). I will review and describe in detail all the good, the bad, and the ugly wines, and provide my own rating system, which is much simpler than the Wine Spectator, et al (and what does 92 points really mean anyway??).

As I am also a writer, be prepared for the long-winded sentences of wine description, and the use of many a metaphor in my wining adventures.

Swirl, sniff, sip, and enjoy!

wine

wine

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In Vino Veritas

As Ancient Romans said, in wine there is the truth.  But the truth is, that there are just not that many good proverbs or quotations about wine.  Hence, I decided to create my own.  Enjoy the following puns, and feel free to add some of your wisecracks.



Make wine, not war!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had me at frontenac.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tell me what's in your wine glass, and I'll tell you who you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosés are red,
Viogniers are white,
After this bottle
It's love at first sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ask not what your wine country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your wine country!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ein, zwine, dry, gewurtz...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A wine review is worth a thousand words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally for the true wine connoisseur:      Vine, vidi, vitis vinifera.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said.
    Lets swim in one of your wine bottles this weekend.

    ReplyDelete